Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Week 4 : RSS Feeds

I spent a lot of time searching for what I wanted to RSS feed. I went to many book-related sites that did not have an RSS feed connection, like Book Slut, and Carol Hurst's Children's Lit site. I finally found some sites that work for me. Reading Rants, a great teen book site, Roger Sutton's blog, and Nancy Pearl's Book Lust are now in my Sage Reader (through Firefox). And I am SO looking forward to receiving all the late, breaking news from the Boston Red Sox as well. I also chose Technorati because I am interested in finding out more about them, and Salon.com for headline news. When my director gets mad at me for spending so much time now at my computer, I will blame Mara and the 23 things!

PS. Once I found the sites I wanted, using Firefox Sage Reader was really easy. Just a click of a button.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I thought Sage was pretty foolproof too. Unfortunately, I didn't really need another way to spend more time at the computer . . .

Listen Up! Vermont Coordinator said...

Oh Julie, I won't get mad at you for spending too much time on the computer!